Your company’s brand is one of the most important parts of your business. While it’s more than simply a logo, color palette, and website, it does involve these elements along with many others. Your brand provides a foundation from where you can create a consistent marketing strategy that will help you attract and keep your ideal clients and customers.
What Is a Brand Anyway?
A brand is more than a logo, slogan or symbol. It establishes a unique identity for your business that creates a strong positive perception of who you are in the eyes of your target market. It’s essentially the mental picture a consumer has of your company; the impression a potential client has when they hear, think or see your business, company, or product.
Your unique brand shows your future customers what they can expect when they choose to collaborate and/or work with you. The desired outcome is to have your clients and customers see how you are not simply different from the competition, but you are the best choice for their particular problem. You know you’ve created a strong brand when your target market chooses you over the competition because they see you as the only viable solution to their problem, whether it be in the service you provide or the product you sell.
Why Does My Business Need One?
As a business owner, it can be easy to become overwhelmed and distracted. A brand allows you to narrow in on the most important message or overall theme you wish to convey to your audience. Your business will benefit greatly from creating and implementing its own brand. Why? It will attract and keep customers and clients through the following 5 methods:
Develop an emotional connection between you and your potential customer.
Create loyalty by consistently delivering what you promise through your marketing messages.
Communicate your company’s unique benefits and features.
Create loyalty regardless of the price point of your products and services.
Offers a clear competitive advantage over a similar business who does not have a unique identity.
5 Practical Ways to Implement Your Brand
Once you have created a unique brand for your company, it can be overwhelming to know how to implement it using practical methods. Remember, you want to create a positive impression of your business that is easily recognized among the competition. Some creative, yet simple ways to do that are below:
1. Share your logo everywhere. Include it in all of your social media profile, on your website and in all of your communication materials, print or digital.
2. Develop a simple, compelling tagline you can use alongside your company’s name.
3. Design templates that can be used consistently when you communicate with your customers and clients. Think social media images, advertising campaigns, email newsletters, business cards, and other marketing materials.
4. Use your color and font palette on your website, marketing templates, social media profiles, and email communications.
5. Choose a communication style that flows with your brand - business casual, next-door neighbor, best friend, girl’s night out, day at the office, or professional executive, just to name a few.
Looking to implement branding into your visual marketing strategy? Sharp, polished social media images are key for a professional social media profile. Download your FREE Social Media Image Dimension Cheat Sheet below.